Tuesday, June 14, 2005

FUN FUN FUN

This is an exercise from Peter's Virtual World, based on an N7 exercise from http://www.godsrudewireless.co.uk/n7/.

It's like Babelfish meets Jabberwocky.

Oh my, I do love this exercise! I'm sure that you can guess the origin of this poem.


Sundown Song


I've turned you over like a fine gold fob.
The whisper slapped your eardrums, and your sobs
Took their place among featherpillows.

Watch your back, old statue.
In a drafty room, your blankness
Savages the windows. I stand blankly, shadows whisper.

I'm no more your murderer
Than the caul that covers a mirror, to reflect its only
Face--an empty hat.

All night your moon-white
Skin flickers among the flat black shadows. I wake to sleep:
A sentence moves over my head.

One day, and I’m stunted, bent croquet-heavy
In my shirtwaist sorrow.
Your eyes open, clean as wonder. The wind

Talks its dull tales. And now you fly,
fluttering your fingers:
The white tines rise like birds.

No comments: