In my family tree are glassblowers from Russia, who moved to England and then to the Carolinas. My breath is caught in a small vase I keep in our parlor.
I was married after knowing my husband 10 weeks and dating him for 6 weeks. (It's going on 2 decades).
I am a MLS/CMT, which basically means I can spell and punctuate medical reports.
I was in a new-wave band and know the songs of The B52s and Blondie inside out.
I know how to read palms. I used to date a magician, too. He taught me how to cut cards in half and win at poker/blackjack.
I type 250 words a minute. No kidding.
My friend and I used to run a Poetry Hotline. If you called up, we'd read you a poem, day or night. You would tell us what you wanted to hear and we would read it to you.
This same friend and I used to tell guys in bars our names were Abbie Hoffman and Jeri Rubin. I have been approached in Nashville by a total stranger and introduced to his spouse as "Meet Abbie Hoffman. We went to college together. What have you been up to the last 20 years?"
My son had to tell me the meanings of "cloakless" and "commando." I am a hopeless cause when it comes to slang.
I can pick up dimes with my toes and shake my eyeballs.
I have an original Pink Floyd PIG t-shirt that I still wear.
I used to be an artists' model--I was hired because I was the only applicant who did not fidget. Inertia pays off.
1 comment:
OneWord Entry from 06-20-2005:
I used to be an artist's model-there was a big audition for the job, because the salary paid $15.00/hour at a time when the student-job wage was around $2.15/hour. When I went for the job, I didn't know life drawing meant nude modeling, but I applied anyway for the easy hours and money. I was hired because I did not fidget. That's one of the few times inertia's paid off. I did get cold, and bored, and finally the artist relented and let me wear socks.
June 20, 2005 09:23 AM
Post a Comment