Monday, May 08, 2006

MFA (Me Freaking About)

100 page anthology--25 poets

Reading journal over 8 individual books plus Norton Anthology of Poetry (200 pages double-spaced)

25 new poems, 20 of them revised

6 new poetic exercises

45 pages of fiction (3 short stories and 1 flash fiction piece)

Critical analysis of Elizabeth Bishop: Elegy and Extravagance in "Crusoe in England"

Critical analysis of Keats' "Ode on a Grecian Urn" and Stevens "Anecdote of a Jar" As Ekphrastic Poetry

Selling a Short Story: Dennis Lehane's "Till Gwen"

Outline of summer chapbook (10 pages plus background notes)

______
Two jobs, two children, two family members in college besides me--two cars, two cats, two houses--and two hairs left on my head!


This is finally all finished and in the mail/turned in.

I am not going to read or write for a week. I need the rest.

After that I will post some good news about next semester.

4 comments:

Peter said...

Congrats for making it through! yee-haw!

A. D. said...

i have to wait for the good news?!

Anne Haines said...

Good grief -- I got tired just reading all that! Enjoy some well-deserved rest and relaxation. :)

A. J. Patrick Liszkiewicz said...

Me want good news! Me want good news now!