Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Naked Poetry?

CANCER (June 21-July 22): In recent years there has been a rash of
climbers shedding all their clothes on Mount Everest. A sherpa by the
name of Lakpa Tharke claims the world's record for high-altitude nudity,
having stood skyclad for three minutes at the 29,035-foot summit. Some
Nepali authorities are seeking a ban on such displays, believing that it
defiles the revered mountain. "How would Westerners feel about people
stripping in church?" they ask. Not meaning any disrespect to them, I
urge you, Cancerian, to make "in the buff on the holy mountaintop" your
power metaphor of the week. Blend sacredness and nakedness in any way
that appeals to your imagination, especially if it's in high places or makes
you high.



Now that I have your attention--I finished my thesis today. I'm defending in 2 weeks. Pray for me now and at the hour of my most naked.

No comments: