Monday, May 05, 2008

Adieu: Linen Handkerchief



Tomorrow, I say adieu to my MFA studies and to my students, and A bientot to my friends and colleagues in the Department of English and Philosophy. I hope that they all have a great summer break.

The hanky is for my crying-real-tears like Betsy-Wetsy--I'll never have a group of students like this last one. (Everything you could ask in a classroom, except a worthy teacher!) Nine students is a heavenly size for a workshop, and all nine of these students were stellar.

In other news:

I have a chapbook ready to go out in the mail and maybe a book ready, too (not one and the same). It's time for me to print and take stock of what I need to do to make these poems presentable. This requires alone time...something I used to celebrate, which now I rather dread...

Graduation is Friday--I am the oldest "graduate" at my church by 29 years. The official MFA celebration is July 11 for MSU. I guess I'll be ready to read by then and see other people.





Widget_logo

5 comments:

Collin Kelley said...

Congrats again, Pamela. Can't wait to read the chap and the full collection.

Radish King said...

I think your Goodreads updates are keeping me from being able to open your blog at work which means I have to actually work.

Jeeze.

A. J. Patrick Liszkiewicz said...

Dibs on an autographed copy of your first book! Dibs! I call dibs!

Pamela Johnson Parker said...

Thanks, Collin, I hope you have a chance to do so. (My classmate Jeremy Byars has a chapbook coming out from Finishing Line, so some Murray State MFA work is already in the works).

Your Majesty: Consider Goodreads disabled. It's not right to be expected to WORK at work.

AJPL--You got it. If/when it ever happens.

A. J. Patrick Liszkiewicz said...

Score!

And of course it'll happen. Silly. (: