
It's so hard to say goodbye to a man like this, when I am still learning about him. It was Harvey's habit to write quotes in a notebook and then respond to them later. We'd been discussing Kierkegaard, who was a new find for Harvey.
July 14, 2010 (the day he died)
"To cheat oneself out of love is the most terrible deception; it is an eternal loss for which there is no reparation, either in time or in eternity."
Soren Kierkegaard
I am not cheated. Pamela, Daniel, Raleigh, and art keep me going forward. Reading, writing, and watching the world keep me going in many directions. God is love, and I find ways of understanding God in all of these loves. Teaching lets me give to others what the world has given to me. God is the great Lover, Artist, and Teacher. If I can show others His glory, I have done my part here on the planet.
4 comments:
God is love, and I find ways of understanding God in all of these loves
Great ....
With All Best Wishes..
That is absolutely profound and amazing. It must be a comfort to have such a glimpse into his thoughts on that day and to know those thoughts were peaceful and with his family.
Damn, the air in this room got real dusty all of a sudden.
Such clarity. This is something for you to hold on to, for sure.
I hope that finding this brings you some peace and comfort. This is something to cherish, always.
Post a Comment