I miss the decades of conversation and coffee, in cafes and on couches, learning about cartoons and cartography, catasterism and Caravaggio. I miss writing while you sketched. I miss your grin when you'd read something you liked. I miss reading in bed with you, knowing that your book and my book usually ended on the floor, while we'd debate the merits of Bugs versus Daffy, Tom versus Jerry, The Lord of The Rings versus Narnia, Star Wars versus Star Trek, which boiled down to Solo versus Spock.
I wonder what you'd say about my favorite spaceman, whose death made me cry a little bit. I once never cried. In fact, you always teased me that I was part Vulcan. I can do the eyebrow. I can do the finger-spread greeting. I even have a Vulcan death grip when there's something I want at a thrift store or an auction.
I used to joke how "Live long and prosper" was a better end to the wedding vows than "till death do us part. I didn't realize there was a comma, because for the last 4 years, 7 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, it's been live, long, and prosper.
I'm still living. I'm still missing you. And I know I'm richer for having known you.
Share |
I wonder what you'd say about my favorite spaceman, whose death made me cry a little bit. I once never cried. In fact, you always teased me that I was part Vulcan. I can do the eyebrow. I can do the finger-spread greeting. I even have a Vulcan death grip when there's something I want at a thrift store or an auction.
I used to joke how "Live long and prosper" was a better end to the wedding vows than "till death do us part. I didn't realize there was a comma, because for the last 4 years, 7 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, it's been live, long, and prosper.
I'm still living. I'm still missing you. And I know I'm richer for having known you.
Share |
No comments:
Post a Comment