Friday, April 25, 2008

OMG LOL OMG LOL OMG LOL OMG LOL

After receiving my 100th rejection in a row (with over 300 preceding the single acceptance I had earlier this year) I have received the following letter today:

I write to offer you one of our MA/MFA/PhD scholarships in poetry for the 2008 session of the Sewanee Writer's Conference.

I am sweating a lot right now just like Frank O'Hara at the Five Spot. And I am crying tears like the teakettle in Bishop's "Sestina." And I am withering slowly where I stand just like Tennyson's "Tithonus."

Oh my. Best week since the birth of my daughter. A poetry reading on Friday, my successful thesis defense, and now this maraschino of a message.

Even better than my first Bakelite:







Widget_logo

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!

A. J. Patrick Liszkiewicz said...

Huzzah! Congrats, Pamela!

Anne Haines said...

Hooray! Congratulations. :) You've certainly earned some success!

Peter said...

Wow! Congrats!

Pamela Johnson Parker said...

Thank you all! As you can tell, I am excited. I only know one person who's ever been to Sewanee, and she is filling my head with how beautiful it is.

Peter, when you get a chance, let me know if your contributor copy ever came from New Madrid.

Thanks again.

Collin Kelley said...

Congrats, Pamela. I have a couple of poet friends who have been to Sewanee and they claim it's a slice of heaven.

Jeff Newberry said...

Hi Pamela,

I found your blog through a blogger search. I'm going to Sewanee this year, too, & I'm looking forward to meeting some other poets from the blogosphere.

Congrats on the scholarship.