Sunday, May 25, 2008

Choose Choos, or Why I Love TJ Maxx Beyond All Reason



Thirty dollars. Thirty dollars. Thirty dollars. Less than $8 per heel-inch.
The only reason I can discern for this staggeringly low price is that the left shoe is a 7-1/2 and the right a 7. They fit as though they were cobbled just for me. I've never even seen this brand at TJM before. I think the Druids of the Shoe Tree sometimes send these portents to true believers like me.

Maybe it's a reward for supporting USPS and Gmail: I have 50 poems out in the world right now. I sent a chapbook out today, too: Love and Other Four-Letter Words. That make 75 poems out in the world, which for me is a record. I didn't even know I had 75 poems.

Tomorrow: Chicken and Brats and spinach salad and baked sweet potatoes. Roses and peonies. Bunches of editing $$$ for next week. Trade Day at 6 a.m. Fresh tomatoes to drizzle with olive oil. Indy 4 with my husband and daughter and maybe Daniel if he deigns to go with us. Cherry cobbler with Eagle Brand. Long weekends, friends, are good.

I have lots of bargains from yard saling to tell you about, but right now I want only to admire my shoes.

3 comments:

Collin Kelley said...

Congrats on the shoes and all those poems! Fingers crossed for you.

Pamela Johnson Parker said...

Thanks, Collin.

I myself am looking forward to your chapbook.

T. said...

You scored on these shoes! (Do you know about zappos.com? Free shipping both ways.)