Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bah, Humbug; Harumph; Crotchety Crotchety Crotchety

"And Tom brought him chicken soup until he wanted to kill him. The lore has not died out of the world, and you will still find people who believe that soup will cure any hurt or illness and is no bad thing to have for the funeral either."

John Steinbeck, East of Eden

Let’s all blame Steinbeck for this series of self-help “books.”

Note to the Universe:

Dear Book Gifter:

Do not send me another copy of Chicken Soup for the Single's Soul. I am not uncoupled.

I would, however, be interested in receiving, and stockpiling, the following:

Chicken Soup for the Vegan's Soul;
Chicken Soup for the Weasel's Soul;
Chicken Soup for the Quisling's Soul.


Thank you for prompt attention to this matter.

Yours till the pot bubbles over,

Pamela


Visit She Writes
Widget_logo

2 comments:

Radish King said...

OH MY GOOD HOLY CRAP.


That is all.

xo


ps. And Oprah. A lot of it is her fault.

Pamela Johnson Parker said...

Maybe I could send them to Harpo Productions, postage due. Now THAT would be re-gifting!