
I am exhausted (stress) and tired (lupus), but most of the time today I feel good, because of a beautiful personal rejection letter from Plume over some of the Harvey poems. I agree with the editors of this and several other journals that these poems really aren't a good fit for a journal; I do think they fit together in the manuscript, which is finished but not polished with beeswax. I await Phil's comments. Not yet.
Gratitude Journal/Fear Journal (Me/My Shadow Self)
1. That I have enough money. That I have to pay my taxes which are late, and the IRS will hound me. I forgot them, who forgot how to fly. (Sorry, Nancy Willard, for the mimicry).
2. That I have lost weight. That I cannot afford anything with price tags. I have lost 7 or 8 sizes and hope I'm done. I would like to have one beautiful red dress to celebrate this accomplishment.
3. That I am comfortable alone. That I will be alone all my life and I will forget how to love.
4. That I found an awesome lariat of rhinestones. That I will never have a sparkly place to wear it.
5. That I love my HUM class. That I will never again be the workshop teacher I once was. I am out of love with cheerleading for poesy.
6. That I have two jobs. That I will always have two jobs.
7. That my children are great. That my children are great and can get along without me just fine.
8. That my parents are healthy. That I still care more about what they think of me than what I think of myself, which is unhealthy in the extreme.
9. That Harvey loved me. That one day I am going to have my nervous breakdown. Grieving gets worse, not better.
10. That I have faith. That "I Cannot Rise with You/Because Your Face Would put out Jesus' " makes perfect sense.
2. That I have lost weight. That I cannot afford anything with price tags. I have lost 7 or 8 sizes and hope I'm done. I would like to have one beautiful red dress to celebrate this accomplishment.
3. That I am comfortable alone. That I will be alone all my life and I will forget how to love.
4. That I found an awesome lariat of rhinestones. That I will never have a sparkly place to wear it.
5. That I love my HUM class. That I will never again be the workshop teacher I once was. I am out of love with cheerleading for poesy.
6. That I have two jobs. That I will always have two jobs.
7. That my children are great. That my children are great and can get along without me just fine.
8. That my parents are healthy. That I still care more about what they think of me than what I think of myself, which is unhealthy in the extreme.
9. That Harvey loved me. That one day I am going to have my nervous breakdown. Grieving gets worse, not better.
10. That I have faith. That "I Cannot Rise with You/Because Your Face Would put out Jesus' " makes perfect sense.
2 comments:
i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)
and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)
i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
(u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)
Wow. Oh Pamela. This makes more sense to me than anything I've read in forever.
Bless. You ARE a blessing.
Post a Comment