Saturday, November 05, 2011

The Uncertainty of the Poet, De Chirico



I finished my book. It's good. That's the Genesis part.

I have had a long period of silence. That's the Malachi part.

I have looked back and remembered as much as I can about Harvey. That's the Matthew part.

I don't know what to do now. That's the part where I ask for Revelation.

What I do know: Bananas are radioactive. Aphrodite's torso is torqued--and it also lasts. Basho named himself after bananas. Aphrodite married a sculptor, who, nettled by her, netted her. Bananas are the largest flowering herb. Aphrodite's cult flowered and withered. Bananas are sweetest when they're old. Perhaps the most beautiful of Aphrodites is Redon's. Bananas emerge from their skins, which are easily bruised and broken. Aphrodite emerges from white foam, from marble, from the earth that covers her broken temple. She is broken.

I have a half-life.

I am not fruitful.

I will return to the sea.

3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

You ARE fruitful. You just proved that, dear woman.

Anonymous said...

Yes Ms. Moon is right, you are helping all of us that keep reading your blog.

Pamela Johnson Parker said...

Thank you all for reading. I just really need encouragement some days, and you provided it today!