When you click on the link, scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you'll see the Poetry Corner, Norman Mailer memorial show. Three of us read--the first is in my current 214 class. He must have understood the anaphora assignment thoroughly, as you can tell from his well-crafted antiwar poem. The second student is not in my class--his poem is great, in a cummings-y he spoke rapidly way. I'm the final (third) poet. Listen to me read with pneumonia giving me a more graveled voice than usual. My German's so gutteral! This poem is about what the announcer refers to as "the immigrant experience." I like that understatement, and this is one of my favorite of my poems. I've never written heroic couplets before.
Saturday, February 02, 2008
Poetry Corner: Students and I are on NPR again
When you click on the link, scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you'll see the Poetry Corner, Norman Mailer memorial show. Three of us read--the first is in my current 214 class. He must have understood the anaphora assignment thoroughly, as you can tell from his well-crafted antiwar poem. The second student is not in my class--his poem is great, in a cummings-y he spoke rapidly way. I'm the final (third) poet. Listen to me read with pneumonia giving me a more graveled voice than usual. My German's so gutteral! This poem is about what the announcer refers to as "the immigrant experience." I like that understatement, and this is one of my favorite of my poems. I've never written heroic couplets before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just listened. Your poem was my favorite, and your voice sounded like a "real voice," and not so pitch perfect like the guys before you.
Thanks, Collin, for the listen and the comment.
Post a Comment