Open Response to a Certain Correspondant:
I have given serious consideration to the wording of this post. I have tried to be prayerful, to be polite, and to be private in my response. This tactic has failed miserably, though, so here goes blunt: I am 50 years old. I don’t have more wrinkles than a Sharpei, but I certainly show my age. If anyone looks at my blog photo, there are lines and bags, undereye circles worthy of any raccoon, and pallor caused by my extremely bookwormish lifestyle.
I’ve made no secret in numerous posts that I am monogamously married to my husband of 21 years (whom I adore physically, mentally, and spiritually). Blogger information page shows I categorize myself as Wife and Mom. These are the roles that are most important to me. My husband, my son, and my daughter read this blog regularly.
I don’t talk about my sex life because, well, it’s private. I am not a Puritan, and I don’t support any form of censorship in creative writing, or any ban on any sort of relationships between consenting adults, including sexual ones.
With that being said, please note the following, to which I don’t consent:
I don’t want to be called any diminutive, sexist names by you.
I'm not interested in sending any private messages to you.
I'm not going to exchange poems about sex with you, or comments about sex with you. Quite frankly, your attempts in this direction I find jejune.
I'm not interested in exchanging photographs of any ilk with you.
I'm offended by your posts and e-mails that contain sexually debasing innuendo. My husband and my 23-year-old son are offended by them, as well. (I hope that my 10-year-old daughter doesn’t see them). I shared some of your comments with another trusted blogger, who was also offended.
As I state above, I emphatically don't support any type of censorship. You are welcome to your thoughts and to your words. I ask that you respect my lifestyle choices and refrain from posting such comments, here or anywhere else I blog.
Pamela
2 comments:
Wow, that guy sounds like a total creep. Good post, P. Don't take that caca from anyone.
Thanks, Collin. I haven't had any more private messages, blog posts, or e-mails sent(to my home or to my university accounts) since I posted this. (I hope to heavens it wasn't a student, but you never know).
Post a Comment