Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Anne Is So Smart! Read Her Blog on Li Young Lee

I wish I knew how to link a to a site, but Anne Haines (land mammal) has written a very profound, very clear entry on poetics and about Lee and the line. What she says about musical rests and linebreaks is dead on.

So, if you're reading this, immediately stop and find her entry! It is awesome.

If you are interested in Jacob wrestling with the angel, see "A Little East of Jordan" (Emily Dickinson) and "Carrion Comfort" (Gerard Manley Hopkins)--which I did not realize till just this instant must have influenced Dylan Thomas!

Sorry about all the exclamation points, but I am just so happy to read good poetry and to think about poems after 25+ years since my BA, and also after writing nothing longer than a grocery list in the last 7 or 8 years. I know that sounds corny, but corny it will have to be.

1 comment:

Anne Haines said...

*blush!*

Thanks, Pamela, for your kind words. And I know just what you mean about how good it feels to think about poems again -- that's right where I was about 4 years ago. It's like a little resurrection, isn't it?