Thursday, March 17, 2005

The Stick

Thanks, pal. You know who you are.

Q: You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?
A: Abby Hoffman's Steal This Book.

Q: Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
A: Archie Goodwin in the Nero Wolfe detective series by Rex Stout. I've always loved a wiseacre.

Q: The last book you bought is:
A: Eavan Boland, Against Love Poetry.

Q: The last book you read:
A: Ian McEwen, Atonement

Q: What are you currently reading?
A: Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. (Highly recommend the footnotes).

Q: Five books you would take to a deserted island:
A:

1) The Bible.
2) Elizabeth Bishop's The Complete Poems ("Crusoe in England" comes to mind).
3) Survivor for Dummies.
4) A sketchbook.
5) A matchbook. (With all that time to practice, I'm sure I could draw Binky).

I am holding the short end of the stick, as I am not inflicting this on anyone else.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day.

No comments: