Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Frosting on the Cupcake

ACQUAINTED WITH THE NIGHT

I have been one acquainted with the night.
I have walked out in rain -- and back in rain.
I have outwalked the furthest city light.

I have looked down the saddest city lane.
I have passed by the watchman on his beat
And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.

I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet
When far away an interrupted cry
Came over houses from another street,

But not to call me back or say good-bye;
And further still at an unearthly height,
O luminary clock against the sky

Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.
I have been one acquainted with the night.

You're sad, and know the loneliness of the night
very well. You like (or accept) solitude, and
you love the saddening beauty of some things.
You're like that silent person no one really
knows. Keep that solitude, but let a few people
get to know you. Goodness knows what healing
powers friends have.


What Robert Frost poem are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: