Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Derby Daze

On Saturday, expect no transcription and no blogging. Here in my Old Kentucky Home (circa 1888), there will be juleps in chilled silver cups, rimmed with sugar and sprigged with mint fresh from the back yard, served by me, outlandish hat at the ready (a cartwheel big as one of Scarlett's). I know all the words to the state anthem--it's one song I can sing. Pardon the pun.

I do not consider myself a belle at all, but I am proud to be a resident of the Commonwealth. This is the BIG Saturday here, and I am putting my money where my mouth is, too. Folks, I calls 'em as I sees 'em and I like Coin Silver--breeding, name, and jockey--or maybe Bellamy Road--speed in the Wood--and who'd not want Afleet Alex with his young jockey, fresh off the Arkansas? I'm betting 3, three ways.

Trust me on this...

No comments: