Monday, July 25, 2005

Notes from All Over

Re-Reading Bobbie Ann Mason (fellow Mayfield resident): "A New-Wave Format" and "Shiloh" are two of my all-time favorite short stories.

Stuck on My Own Fiction: Cannot figure out how to hide in the back of a VW Bus. Guess I will have to find one and check it out for myself.

Only in a Small Town: At 7:00 a.m., the meter reader from the electric/water company knocks on my door, and I think there's some problem with my meter or my bill. Instead, he is gallantly retrieving a letter that I dropped off with my payment. "We didn't know if you would want us to go ahead and mail it, so we're bringing it back to you." Emily, your check is in the mail. I swear. The electric guy's trustworthy!

Verse Daily: Great poem by Carol Frost, "Manatee."

Word of the Day: oneiromancy (o-NY-ruh-man-see) noun--the practice of predicting the future by interpreting dreams. This sounds onerous. Wonder if they have the same root???

Feeling really nervous about orthopedic appointment--going to pick up my x-ray films today. It's weird to see your own vertebrae lined up (or in my case, staggering like alphabet blocks).

2 comments:

Patty said...

Sending good thoughts that your ortho appointment goes well.

Pamela Johnson Parker said...

Thanks! I am NOT looking forward to it.