Carpe diem seize
the day cease the seizing--seize
and desist--16
in French, o sweet
16 in french--I've given
up love for Lent--ceased
))))))))
Reading Philip Larkin's "The Explosion." Anyone else out there see a comparison with (of all strange candidates) Henry Wadsworth Longfellow?
I took my po-biz C-note and spent it on a great dinner for Harvey and me. The wine was fabulous--and I almost never have wine with food. Palazzo della Torre, and I could smell the flowers...dense good flavor and not acid at all. We're buying a bottle of this PDQ.
Smudged grey crosses over foreheads yesterday--Lent. Even though I'm not Catholic, I've feel like I should give up something--like diet and exercise. I've started back on a walking program. Yesterday I walked 2 miles, in heels, to get from the panel discussion to the restaurant to the reading to the reception--my friend had a pedometer and we calibrated it. Today my feet are sore but the rest of me feels pretty good.
Lee Smith was fabulous. I felt like a moron for not buying a book after the reception...but I own almost all her books, even a 1973 paperback of Something in the Wind, which is held together by rubberbands. Hearing her read makes me want to write fiction and also o despair of ever writing fiction.
No comments:
Post a Comment