Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Pieta



"Women pure in soul and body never grow old." Michelangelo, on the young Mary in his Pieta.

Yes, no, maybe? This is purely (sorry!) a theoretical question. I don't qualify as Ivory Soap, unless that 0.54% that doesn't float is Kryptonite.

2 comments:

Marylinn Kelly said...

Damn, .54% Kryptonite is probably ENOUGH. The wear that shows along my seams and edges reveals me as one who has certainly grown older. Is purity as a goal even possible? What would it look like and what would be the purpose? I believe we are here to experience life in human form, human being the significant word.

I ramble. An ideal, carved in stone, has little to do with what is real.

Pamela Johnson Parker said...

I don't think purity is a goal, but maybe single-mindedness is. I think of a George Harrison song (and video) that I love, "I Got My Mind Set on You." Sometimes, when I'm missing Harvey so badly, this pop song pops into my head, and George helps me out. Patience and time/To do it right..

(He always was my favorite Beatle. I like the quiet brunettes).