Monday, June 04, 2012

After and Before: What do you think?



 After: Out to dinner with my daughter and company. No makeup but lip glop. Completely natural hair. Sunglasses, shorts, New Balance sneakers. Big smile.

 

 Before: Out to dinner the last time with the Pretty Boy before he went overseas on "business". Lots of makeup. Hair that took almost an hour to straighten. Expensive dress. Lucchesa cowboy boots. Big smile.

 Can you tell the difference between heartbreak and heart aflutter? I hope not.

Share |

4 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I think that in both pictures you look like a beautiful, beautiful woman who has known the greatest sorrow. I doubt you know how beautiful you are.

Pamela Johnson Parker said...

Thank you, Ms. Moon. I don't know if I am beautiful, but I do know that I can be better when I am less bitter.

This new relationship has been a real learning experience. I am over being heads over heels. I think it was just the chemistry.

Elizabeth said...

You look gorgeous in both pictures. Your smile is radiant.

Pamela Johnson Parker said...

Thank you, Elizabeth. I was fractured by grief and then was elated by the new BF and now am ready to kick him to the curb for various and sundry reasons, most of which are controlling (him) and fear of being hurt (me). I don't like who I am with him about 1/4 of the time. And I'm hoping while he's out of the country that I can either decide how I feel, or he will meet a very beautiful woman somewhere else and put me out of my misery.

I miss my husband, and I want to punch him for dying on me, which I know is stupid. I never ever wanted to go through the dating thing, but 1-3/4 years makes one a very lonely woman.