Get this translation, which is beautiful and livelier than the usual ones, Richard Pevear and Larissa Volokhonsky. (I think it's a great idea to have a writer and a native speaker collaborate--the dialogue is much better in this translation than in any other I have read).
4 comments:
Here's a horrible admission: I never have read that book. I think this means that I will not get to library heaven.
Maybe I should give it another go.
Get this translation, which is beautiful and livelier than the usual ones, Richard Pevear and Larissa Volokhonsky. (I think it's a great idea to have a writer and a native speaker collaborate--the dialogue is much better in this translation than in any other I have read).
This movie is a must see for me.
I adore that book and a movie of it excites me to no end, but I can't stand that Kiera Knightley, so I'm bummed about that.
Sigh.
I like Keira K. when she's in Joe Wright movies, Pride and Prejudice/Atonement. I have high hopes for this.
Thanks for stopping by, Elizabeth. You're one of the people whose writing always inspires me.
Post a Comment