Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Posttraumatic Deztox Syndrome


This is life after Dez.  So much happier!  Here I am at the Pogue Special Collections Library, in front of the brace of Art Deco copper-clad doors.  Pogue's the most beautiful building on campus, and I am so happy that no one has tried to tear it down for something "efficient."  Age has its charms.  

This is me at 54.  I feel pretty wonderful, right here, with no one arguing with me about what I am supposed to do, telling me to drop my friends, etc.  I never felt so confined as that.  

I think Harvey would approve of this version of Pamela and tell her to go for whatever she wanted. What I want is to write, to teach, to be a wonderful mom, and to have a summer romance with someone who's normal.  (Cue Bobby Vinton here, or maybe Blake Shelton Lite).  


Or maybe Amy and NARS.  



Share |

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Sounds like an excellent plan to me, Gorgeous.

Pamela Johnson Parker said...

Thank you--I also took it out on him in another poem.