Saturday, April 02, 2011

Gratitude

Bargain Bin Finds
1. Green ruffled cashmere cardigan. The green of Ireland's mossiest rocks. $1.00.
2. Navy and red floral dress with a big red sash. $1.00.
3. Ivory and buff and Alice Blue dress with sequins--and sash. $1.00.
4. The Little Lame Prince. First edition, London, 1875. MONEY MAKER. 50 cents.
5. Fugly brass lamps with Japanese figures screwed into the bases. (Removing the figurines from the base, I discover that they're OCCUPIED JAPAN. The holes are the natural firing holes that someone had adapted without damaging to these lamps. $10.00 for the pair. (Value probably around $15 to $25 each--they're both perfect).

$13.50 plus tax. I will make at least $100 from that book. I will enjoy the cardigan for years to come (and am wearing it today) . Those dresses are new! (It was dollar day at the thrift store so I could have gone hog-wild, but I restrained myself to only three things. To bring in three things means I get rid of 9, so 9 pairs of ill-fitting jeans are in the donate box right now).


No comments: