Friday, April 01, 2011

Wings and Seeds



This is the story of my first marriage. I'm so glad I gave love a second chance. I'm saying yes to a third one, when it's time.

Gratitude Journal:

1. That today isn't yesterday. (I would re-live the Harvey years, but not the Roger ones).
2. That there are love and laughter in the world, and some of it is ours. And I will do my best to love again. I promise you that.
3. That my life is not a country music song, even one with vocals as beautiful as this one.
4. That I have come out of the thicket of grief relatively unscathed. I am broken but have been splinted, and I am healing. I was loved and am still loved. I should remember that it's only money, and I have more of it than 99.44% of the people on this planet.
5. That the Kings of Leon will be in Memphis next Saturday and so will you and I.


No comments: