Monday, April 18, 2011

Mahendra Singh: Gratitude Journal

I don't know the title of this piece by M. Singh. I'd call it "Merrill's Victor Dog Meets Eliot's Peach As It's About to Be Pricked by Snodgrass's Needle." I can look at it and its anemones all day.

I found this through one of my favorite blogs, 50 Watts. Today, I'm grateful for blogs, and I want to list a few reasons why.

GRATITUDE JOURNAL:
1. Will's 50 Watts. My favorite blog. Illustration, illustration, illustration.
2. Rebecca's Radish King. My other favorite blog. Poetry that will take off the top of my head and fibrillate my heart. A well of honesty. A well-wrought life.
3. Bibliodyssey. My other other favorite blog. A cabinet of curiosities. The best history lessona ever.
4. The poets I have discovered through blogs: Natasha Trethewey, C. Dale Young, Peter Pereira, Rebecca Loudon. I have all their books and treasure them. Well, almost all their books. I have to wait till payday for Torn.
5. The wonderful friend I have rediscovered through this blog, who will last me a lifetime. RFB. I do believe you are a keeper. Keep yourself well. I'll see you today or tomorrow.

Blogging has been a wonderful way for me to record my griefs and woes. I consider this practice writing to warm up for the real work, but the pieces elegizing Harvey in the "Remembering You Through" may be some of the best writing I've done. I hope so.

Our wedding anniversary is a week and a half away. I hope I can survive mostly intact, like old Noritake china, crazed but serviceable.

No comments: