Sunday, April 10, 2011

Erasing a Letter from Miss Emily and Forwarding It to the Beloved


Dear, dying

stunned my spirit.

a flake gathered by the wind

now part of the drift called "the infinite."


We don't know where he is, though so many tell us.

Silence...

Seraphs are solemn artists.

illumination comes but once

the grass suffices

It sweeps around me like a sea...

______

GRATITUDE JOURNAL:

1. Dale Ray's chocolate pie. OMG. Ecstasy.

2. Convertible rides.

3. My friend Sally's friendship, encouragement, and laughter. And her spiral-notebook hair.

4. Poetry. It is the godsend, the godspeak, the godspell.

5. Sex and sex and sex and sex--"Shattered," The Rolling Stones. I have written a short short story called "Shadoobie." I once wanted to write microfiction based on each of the Some Girls tracks. If I can find "Shadoobie," I'll post it.

2 comments:

Radish King said...

Yesterday my son asked me what Seraph meant. It was on a man's license plate. I had chocolate for breakfast. Poetry is indeed God. I heard Shattered on the radio this morning on a channel I never listen to. Beautiful and aching, coincidences or not. Wishing you peace. And a good piece of cake.
love,
Rebecca

Pamela Johnson Parker said...

Coincidence? I think not...

Serendipity? I think so...