Monday, April 04, 2011

The Thrill Is Gone - BB KING & ERIC CLAPTON- Best Version Ever!



I saw BB King when I was pregnant with my son (nearly 27 years ago). He was amazing then and is amazing here. I'm grateful for getting to hear him.

GRATITUDE JOURNAL:
1. Marc Chagall. Another touchstone. He is BLUE to me in the way that Lautrec is red and yellow.
2. Guitar music: Chet Atkins. B.B. King. Eric Clapton. George Benson. Lindsay Buckingham.
3. Whoever invented No-Doz.
4. Tulips--those little turbans, especially the pink and the yellow ones.
5. Basketball. I predict Butler by 6.

I'm very tired--trying to plan out Dante, Machiavelli, the Canterbury Tales, the Renaissance and Neoclassicism. Tired and ready for RoPo and Frankenstein.


3 comments:

Marylinn Kelly said...

B.B. King led me to those 3 a.m., (in a younger day) blues is the only music you want to hear, memories with Paul Butterfield, then found Joe Cocker singing "St. James Infirmary" with Leon Russell, maybe in the Mad Dogs and Englishmen days. His voice still has it for me, like King's guitar. Other voices, other rooms. Gratitude may be our true center, the power source that runs it all. xo

Pamela Johnson Parker said...

I like Joe Cocker very much; Leon Russell's concert is the second one I ever attended (and the first one for which I bought a ticket--all others I got in with a friend's brother who was a roadie for Led Zeppelin. Those were some misspent days)!

Marylinn Kelly said...

Practically apropos of nothing, yet history seems to be visiting and there has not been a place to tell this but I briefly went out with the Eagles road manager. Hah hah...it was the same era as P. Butterfield and other anomalies in the night. The days may have been misspent, yet they most certainly were spent and didn't fall out our coat pockets into the storm drain.